- Investors TOP
- IR News
- Management Policy
- Top Message
- Management Strategy
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Factors
- Disclosure Policy
- Articles of Incorporation
- Business Performance / Financial Position / Cash Flows
- DMP at a Glance
- IR Library
- Stock and Other Information
Introduction of DMP and Its Business
Based on a joint development project between industry and academia of new structure graphics processor devised by Professor Tsuneo Ikedo of Hosei University, DMP was founded in July 2002 as a university-launched venture company aiming to show the world Japan's sophisticated high technology of CG processor, (and was listed on TSE Mothers in June 2011.) Since then, as an R&D-type fabless (without own factory) semiconductor vendor, DMP has focused on the visual computing*2 field of embedded systems*1 as its core business, and has deployed licensing business of hardware IPs (logic design data, etc.) and software IPs (mainly drivers for controlling hardware and tools to support contents creation) based on proprietary 2D/3D graphics technology, as well as graphics LSI business that incorporates these IPs. In recent years, in order to become the world's leading "AI Computing Company" in the fields of artificial intelligence (AI*3) and deep learning*4, DMP provides solutions through a broad portfolio including AI processor IPs, hardware/software products and services, and AI ecosystem established by its own.
DMP's business is divided into three categories:
IP Core*5 License Business
DMP develops, offers license of, and maintains hardware IP(logical design data, etc.) and software IP(mainly drivers for controlling hardware and tools to support contents creation) necessary for drawing detailed images and artificial intelligence (AI) such as deep learning*4, as well as provides a custom support of its IP according to customer's requests.
LSI*6 Product Business
In addition to licensing IP products, DMP develops LSI semiconductor products based on its own IPs and sell them after outsourcing the manufacture to semiconductor manufacturers. The graphics LSI (SoC*7) is mainly incorporated in amusement equipment, etc., and the AI LSI (FPGA*8) is incorporated in equipment with AI functions.
Professional Service Business
DMP provides design service of studying and optimizing the entire SoC system by integrating its various IP cores, algorithm development, and optimization services for software / hardware based on GPU*9 / computer vision / AI technology cultivated through development of its own products. AI professional services provide a full range of AI-related services from research and planning of implementing AI in customer's products, PoC*10 development, system development, and utilization and operation after productization.
- *1 Embedded System
- A computer system that is built into such as home appliances and machines to achieve specific functions.
- *2 Visual Computing
- High-performance processor technology for graphics and image processing that enables rich and interactive visual expression. Combined with displays and input devices of various electronic devices, it realizes an advanced and easy-to-use user interface, next-generation video games, video production for broadcasting incorporating 3D graphics image processing, medical equipment, and aerospace industrial equipment.
- *3 Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Software and system that enable computers to make human-like perceptions and judgments such as computer programs that understand and judge sentences, images, conversations, and sounds.
- *4 Deep Learning
- A type of machine learning method that realizes artificial intelligence by utilizing human brain imitated neural network mechanism, which is being commercialized in the field of image recognition.
- *5 IP Core
- Partial circuit modules within an LSI, designed for a specific function (e.g. graphics IP core). IP stands for Intellectual Property.
- *6 LSI
- Large-scale integrated circuits composed of silicon wafers (materials with properties intermediate between conductors and insulators used in the manufacture of semiconductor products). LSI stands for Large Scale Integration and is also called "semiconductor".
- *7 SoC
- Integrated circuit (design method) that integrates a series of functions (systems) required on one semiconductor chip. SoC stands for System on a Chip.
- *8 FPGA
- Integrated circuit that allows buyers or designers to set and change the configuration after manufacturing. FPGA stands for Field Programmable Gate Array.
- *9 GPU
- Arithmetic unit or processor specialized in real-time image processing represented by computer games. GPU stands for Graphics Processing Unit. By utilizing its better performance in parallel computing performance than CPU, technologies called GPGPU (General-Purpose computing on GPU) that apply its computing resources to purposes other than image processing are applied to the AI/deep learning field.
- *10 PoC
- Abbreviation for Proof of Concept. Verification and trial about feasibility before introducing a new concept, theory or principle in full scale.